A smile says a lot about a person and plays a crucial role in creating the first impression on other people. It can make people feel better about themselves when they have an attractive smile to show off. Conversely, if the teeth are stained or discolored, nobody will feel comfortable revealing their smile. The yellowing of teeth is a natural process as we get older, even if you maintain a proper oral hygiene routine. This takes place due to the tooth enamel becoming thinner, allowing for more of the naturally yellow dentin which is present below the enamel surface to become more evident. The teeth could also get stained due to various reasons, such as consuming beverages like tea, coffee, red wine, and foods that contain color preservatives. A person can benefit from teeth whitening procedures performed by professionals if staining has taken a toll on their teeth. These procedures provide a highly effective solution in enhancing the look of your teeth and facial appearance.
As compared with over-the-counter teeth whitening products, professional teeth whitening performed by dentists can help you achieve dramatic results. These quick teeth whitening results are realized due to their customized treatments to suit individual needs, which help lighten both the tooth surface and the dentin beneath it.
What are the benefits of professional Teeth Whitening?
- Greater Self-Esteem:The sight of discolored or stained teeth can make you feel embarrassed about showing your smile. A smile is essential in making you feel good about yourself. Professional teeth whitening procedures can help you in getting back your smile and consequently also boost your self-confidence.
- A Brighter Smile:One of the major benefits of professional teeth whitening is that it instantly gives you a brighter, more appealing smile. A dentist can help you get rid of deep stains that whitening toothpaste cannot remove.
- Improved Oral Health:Your teeth' health and strength are reinforced when a professional dentist removes the dental staining. It also reduces the possibility of cavities and gum disease caused by accumulations of plaque, a sticky film that provides a breeding ground for the harmful bacteria.
- Customized Teeth Whitening: A customized teeth whitening procedure designed to suit an individual's teeth will provide the best whitening effects.
- Quick Procedure:The teeth whitening procedure is relatively short and can be done in a single-hour appointment.
- Long-term Results: The results of professional teeth whitening last longer as the whitening agents used by dentists contain more potent bleaching agents than the ones available over the counter.
- Safer Treatment:The professional teeth whitening process is carefully supervised by experts who will protect your mouth from damage and regulate the amount of whitening agents used during the procedure. The store-bought teeth bleaching kits may cause irritation to your gums and also increase tooth sensitivity.
- Affordable Treatments: Though a professional whitening procedure is more expensive than over-the-counter products, it can work out cheaper than buying multiple whitening products to get desired results.
Call us at Dental Spa Sanford or schedule an online appointment to know more about Teeth Whitening