The loss of teeth not only affects your confidence, but the structure of your mouth will deteriorate quickly if they are not replaced at the earliest. Replacing missing teeth is very vital to your overall health as well as the health of the other teeth. When original teeth are missing, you lose functionality and experience a host of other problems.
Dental implants will help you in looking and feeling better, redeem your self-esteem, and provide a better quality of life. For decades now, dental implants have been used to replace missing teeth, and they are now becoming the standard care for restoring the mouth's functionality. The dental implants will help you regain the smile that you deserve.
A dental implant is an advanced technique for replacing a tooth that imitates the whole tooth structure. A titanium screw that is supposed to act as a tooth's root is neatly inserted into the bone and is used to provide support to a crown, bridge, or denture. It looks, feels, and functions like a natural tooth and can last a lifetime if taken care of properly.
What benefits do the Dental Implants offer?
- A dental implant helps prevents bone loss: The bone mass in your jaw is also lost when you lose teeth. The jawbone needs the stimulus it gets when your teeth connect to maintain its mass. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement alternatives that offer to replace jaw bone stimulation, helping to prevent bone loss.
- They restore the bite force: The dental implants are secured into your jaw with the help of a titanium post that serves as the tooth's root. Thus they enable you to bite with more or less the same amount of force you would use with your natural teeth. The other tooth replacement options do not give back your bite force as much, as they are not fixed in place and simply rest on top of the gums.
- The possibility of getting cavities is significantly reduced: The false teeth still need to be taken care of to prevent the bacteria from accumulating in your mouth and causing infections. Cavities cannot attack the material that is used to fabricate dental implants. Hence you don't have to worry about getting cavities in your dental implants.
- A dental implant closely matches your natural teeth: They are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes. In coordination with you, the dentist helps select implants that match the color of your surrounding teeth and fit perfectly in the gap. Apart from and your dentist, no one will be able to make out the dental implants from the original teeth.
- They help prevent changes in the shape of your face: The facial structure will be supported by your teeth. That facial support will be lost when you lose teeth which ultimately causes your face to change shape, making you look older. Dental implants will help provide similar support as your natural teeth for your face and stop the alternations of your facial structure.
- A dental implant extends support to the surrounding teeth: An empty space in your mouth caused by a missing tooth can make the teeth on either side of the gap shift positions, leading to misalignment. Dental implants will fill the gap, allowing you to maintain a straight, even smile.
Call us at Dental Spa Sanford Dental or schedule an online appointment to know more about Dental Implants.