Dentures are prosthetic devices that are useful in restoring teeth that are lost naturally or extracted due to various reasons. They are manufactured to closely resemble your natural teeth so that there is not much difference in your appearance and is barely noticeable to others. The latest advancement in dental technology has made your dentures look more natural than ever. If you have lost your natural teeth due to gum disease, tooth decay, or injury, getting them replaced will benefit your appearance and health. Hence, dentures not only improve your smile and give a fuller appearance to your face but also have other restorative benefits. Dentures are of great help to solve all the problems that are brought about by missing teeth and are a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues, helping you to restore your smile.
What are the benefits of Dentures?
Dentures generally take some time to get used to, and they might feel weird during the initial period when you are using them. It is also natural to feel some irritation when you first wear them. Nevertheless, there are advantages of wearing dentures such as:
- People can continue to enjoy their favorite food as dentures help to chew food similar to your natural teeth.
- Losing teeth could lead to people finding it difficult to pronounce certain words, and here dentures help rectify this situation.
- The former shape of the face is restored by wearing dentures.
- They help in providing support to the facial muscles.
- The confidence in people is brought back with an intact smile and improved looks.
What are the different types of Dentures?
- Complete Full Dentures: These dentures are for people who have lost all the teeth, and the complete dentures help replace all the teeth in the mouth of a patient. These dentures are fabricated to be fitted on top of the gums. Complete dentures can be fitted in eight to twelve weeks after the extraction of the last teeth.
- Partial Dentures:These dentures are suggested when a patient has some natural teeth left in the upper and lower jaws. The partial dentures consist of a metal piece attached to a pink plastic base. The denture is secured in position with the help of these two pieces. These dentures are very comfortable, and you can remove them whenever you feel like; and they also help keep the other natural teeth in place.
- Custom-made dentures:These dentures look more natural because they are made from expensive ceramic or porcelain material.
- Immediate Dentures:These dentures are immediately made and fixed in place as soon as the natural teeth are removed. There are a few conditions like you should not have any cavities or any other diseases before you could be fitted with the immediate dentures.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: In this type, a dental implant is used to support the denture, which will provide a solid foundation to the dentures when they sit on the implant securely. These implants last longer than other types of dentures.
- Snap-in dentures:These are very stable dentures because they are supported by dental implants or fixed to the existing teeth. They are very convenient to put on and remove whenever the need arises. These can be used only when the patient has enough bone structure left to support the implant.
Call us at Dental Spa Sanford Dental, the best dentist in Sanford, FL or schedule an online appointment to know more about Dentures