Invisible Braces embraces advanced technology with clear plastic called aligners. Clear aligners can cover the entire teeth and are barely noticeable. Clear braces have become a popular choice for today's adults and teenagers. Many people suffer from the humiliating issue of crooked or crowded teeth. The solution for this orthodontic problem is braces, but with more and more teens and adults needing their teeth straightened without getting noticed by others, there is another alternative known as Invisalign. It consists of a clear set of hard plastic aligners that are fixed in your mouth.
What is the procedure for Clear Aligners?
Once the orthodontist decides how to correct your bite, a corrective plan is designed for moving your teeth. Once you get the clear aligners, they will be examined and changed as per the progress of the treatment; each of the aligners makes it one step nearer to the perfect, straight teeth. You will get a new set of aligners every two weeks to continue moving the teeth into the desired position. The aligners are made from a clear plastic or acrylic material and remain tightly over the teeth. However, Invisalign aligners can be removed to clean the teeth or while having food.
The treatment time with invisible clear aligners depends on how much the teeth need to be moved or rotated. The treatment time will take longer if the bite and crooked teeth are more usually between 10 and 24 months. But if you are an adult who had braces as a child and your teeth shifted slightly over the years, you may need to wear invisible teeth aligners for as little as ten weeks.
What are the benefits of Clear Aligners?
- Clear aligner trays are invisible. They are entirely transparent, so they don't ruin your face or smile. This is an excellent preference for adults and teens who want to live life without the brackets and wires connected with traditional braces.
- The clear aligners are made of smooth plastic, making them much more comfortable than traditional metal braces.
- The clear aligners are removable, so when you need to brush and floss your teeth, you can remove the trays, clean your teeth, and then put them back. In order to make sure that there is no build-up of bacteria, simply take off the trays and rinse or brush them with your toothbrush.
- With clear aligners, you will spend less time at the orthodontist's office.
- They allow for a more comfortable experience without the injuries other orthodontic options may cause.
- The restrictions on foods are among the worst parts about teeth straightening using many orthodontic options. Some of your favorite foods, including anything too hard, chewy, or sticky, are off-limits, which can sometimes ruin a special celebration. These issues are not a problem with clear braces. The trays can be removed, and eat whatever you want.
- A perfect set of straight teeth are better for your gums and dental health. By eliminating crowding and gaps, it becomes easier to care for your teeth.
- The final result of a beautiful set of straight teeth leads to an attractive smile. It is perhaps one of the best reasons to use clear aligners.
Call us at Dental Spa Sanford or schedule an online appointment to know more about Invisible Braces.