Dental bonding, also stated as tooth bonding, is a method of cosmetic dentistry that repairs or conceals unwanted cosmetic issues with a smile. It is a type of cosmetic treatment that has several advantages over veneers or crowns. Dental bonding can be highly beneficial for patients who have minor cosmetic flaws. If you have a chipped, cracked, or discolored tooth, a cosmetic dental procedure like tooth bonding will help fix the problem and give you the confidence to flash those pearly white teeth.
It is more reasonable than other dental cosmetic treatment options. The procedure's total cost mostly depends on the number of teeth that need to undergo the procedure. It is also a simple and straightforward procedure that doesn't require multiple dental visits.
What is the process for Dental Bonding?
The process of Dental Bonding begins by making use of a shade guide to select a composite resin color to closely resemble the color of your natural teeth. The surface of the tooth is roughened up and smeared with a liquid in order to allow the bonding agent to grip the tooth. The dentist in Sanford, FL then uses the composite resin over the liquid, shapes the tooth, and later hardens the material with ultraviolet light. After the resin has hardened, the dentist can further shape the tooth if required. The bonding process can be completed in about 30-40 minutes per tooth.
What are the benefits of Tooth Bonding?
- Minimally Invasive:Tooth Bonding is a minimally invasive procedure as it does not involve removing the natural tooth structure to return your smile. The other treatments, such as veneer's dental crowns, involve removing a considerable amount of the tooth's enamel so that these restorations fit over the tooth. The key advantage of dental bonding is that it allows keeping as much natural tooth structure as possible.
- Affordable Smile Makeover:Teeth bonding can help repair minor cracks or chips in your smile for less than the price of veneers or crowns. However, if porcelain veneers last for 10-15 years, dental bonding usually can last between 5-10 years.
- No Anesthesia Required:Dental Bonding is a minimally non-invasive procedure that does not require the use of anesthesia. If a patient feels slight discomfort during the procedure, local anesthesia can be applied to the treatment area.
- Single Appointment Procedure:The teeth bonding can be performed in one appointment. It does not require any elaborate preparations in a lab, as is the case with the other restorations. The dentist applies a tooth-colored resin directly to the teeth. The slight gaps between the teeth can be corrected in a single appointment to give you a perfect smile. Dental bonding can also help fix small chips, cracks, and discoloration.
- Safe:The procedure is entirely safe dental bonding makes use of a composite material that is fully biocompatible. A patient does not have to worry about harmful chemicals entering into your body like with those old silver fillings of the past. Meanwhile, dental bonding material bonds directly to your teeth and helps create a perfect seal that keeps bacteria from re-entering your teeth and causing an infection at the site of the filling.
Call us at Dental Spa Sanford or schedule an online appointment to know more about Dental Bonding